Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How can I market gift certificates for my business?

I have an auto detailing business in Washington D.C. We've been in business for 15 years and I would like to get the word out about our gift certificates for the holiday season. We have a great internet presence and I do advertise the gift certicates online but the only way someone would find out about them is if they typed in auto detailing, washington d.c.,gift certificates. This doesn't happen often. I need to find a way to hit my target audience. I would really like to get an e-mail list for my surrounding area.





detailzfineautocleaning.com

How can I market gift certificates for my business?
Gift certificates gift cards etc etc. Are difficult to promote on their own.





To get your customers into having the expectation of you offering them consider the following.





You must first as a promotion offer these gift certificates as a gesture of goodwill when someone makes a purchase of X amount of dollars they get a gift certificate valuing Y amount of dollars.





Once your customers are aware that have certificates then after a while of giving them away for free to build up goodwill.





People will eventually purchase them seperately, once you have established goodwill. And at that point you can market them seperately.





It should also be said that gift cards certificates are not as popular in every business situation. Since you're not an electronics store or a fancy restaurant.





You may be just in the type of business that people would not to get a gift certificate because people will have their car detailed less often than go out for a meal.





Hope I have put it in perspective.
Reply:u should try to get into the little newspapers, or either the regular newspaper. but find the books, or the newspapers people mostly read and advertise your gift cert. there


No comments:

Post a Comment