Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm about to graduate highschool early this semester, I want to start my own business, need advice?

I've always been very business minded, and I'd like to start my own business. I think I can research the best business to start for the future and pick a location where my competition is not likely to put me out of business anytime soon. Not quite sure what I'd like to start, maybe a custom computer shop with online ordering as well, as I already build computers proficiently.





My main question is, should I get a college degree? I already have a decent sum of money saved, but I am quite sure it would not be near enough, and as I have next to no credit, would it be a smart idea to get a degree to increase my chances of getting a loan?





If so what should I get a degree in, finance?'

I'm about to graduate highschool early this semester, I want to start my own business, need advice?
It depends on why you want a degree. I have a masters so am pro education, but I know a lot of people who just got a degree for the sake of it and many of them were only marginally more employable after University. You could always do a course in buisness operations (probably the most applicable if you want to have your own company rather than just work for someone else). You may be able to do it part time, and set up you business at the same time.





Why not start by working in a company which is similar to the one you want to set up, learn the business from them, the things they do well, where they could improve and see whether you really want to go into that type of industry before you make the investment in setting up for yourself.





You can go back to university at any point, why not give yourself a year to try and get work experience doing sales and marketing, also working for a competitor and possiby going to a course (night course run by the uni or another institution) on how to run a buisness. If it doesn't give you the information, experience and money to set up a buisness then you can always look at going to Varsity the following year.

special shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment