Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I would like to have my own business selling gift items?

Would like to start a home business selling gift items, but through catalog and mail order only. I don't want an online store. I cant't find any affiliate stores that will send me catalogs for people to look through and order from, or any wholesalers that will do that.


Any Ideas?

I would like to have my own business selling gift items?
I have been researching website hosts and I have noticed some of them have the "catalog" option. I am not certain what that means, but it may be worth checking out.


Also, I recall reading that Lillian Vernon started its catalog business by selling one item (a purse) in the back of a women's magazine, in the classified section. That might be something to consider - - select one item, or maybe a few of them, and put them in the back of magazines that it may relate to, or if you have a free local newspaper, check about putting ads in there. Once you get the ball rolling and build up some business, you may be able to add more products, and then produce your own catalog.


Best of luck to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment