Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How do I wear a woman's three-piece business suit? Shirt required?

I recently bought a woman's Liz Claiborne three-piece suit. It came with a pair of trousers, a one-button jacket, and a third piece that I don't know what to do with.





It is a top that fits similar to a scoop-neck blouse, and it has a zipper down the side. It does not have sleeves, and it flares at the hips to create shape. All three pieces are black with a pink pinstripe, so it looks dark with just the three pieces together. Everything I've found online (general info about suits) says that it could be a vest, but I can't find my suit or anything like it displayed on a model anywhere online.





When I wear it without a shirt, it does appropriately cover my entire body (nothing risque), but I wouldn't take off the jacket because bare arms are not business appropriate. I could see wearing it with a button-front shirt under it without the jacket as cute office-appropriate wear.





So, should I wear a button-front shirt under the third piece when wearing the jacket?

How do I wear a woman's three-piece business suit? Shirt required?
i would say to be in the safe side you should wear a button down shirt under it. you always want to have your bases covered when it comes to looking pofessional. also if you want to take your jacket off you will have that option. you could try a nice long sleeve t in the winter (short in the summer) if you think it is appropriate for where you work.





good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment