Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Need advice on how to open an online shop.?

Hi All,





My business has been running now for 17 years very successfully but I would now like to expand onto the internet and open an online shop. I have spent the last few days reading up about it and have bought a web domain but I need a web host. My main problem is who to use. I have now seen sooo many and they all claim to be the best! I want to design my own pages, have a shopping cart and the freedom to make the site look how I want it to but I'm not sure if certain hosts limit what I can do. Basically I need as much advice as possible on who are the better hosts for me or how to find one, what it would entail, anything I should look out for, etc.. as I don't want to rush into it and realise I have done it wrong and wasted my time and money. Is there any downside to doing this? Do I have to register my online shop with anyone?





Any help or advice will be gratefully received!!





Thanks.





P.s I am in the U.K

Need advice on how to open an online shop.?
Debby,





There are lots of hosting providers, that will get you what you need for under $15 a month USD.





A little advice first,


To make a great website, it take you many hours on your own,


and to keep the shop up an working is a few hours a day.


I have helped a few people along the way, the successful ones are the ones who find the time to keep site up, and keep an eye on it.





I could help you along, and get you hosted and give you all the right tools. I then can show you how to promote your site.


you got to get people to come to your site to buy. Google is still the best way to go for that.





Second problem is to accept money!, Paypal is the best answer there.





When looking for a hosting company, get one with PHP, and Fantasico, addon, This is a preinstalled software tools that will get your site up quickly. You want php, because that will allow your shop to do great things.





The only downside is that it takes time, you were worried about wasting your time, but it will take much of it. Money


only after you get the site up and looking with you be spending any money, to get traffic to your site.





You do not have to register your shop, you do have to worry about the Vat there in UK. But since you already have a store front you should not have a problem.





But you will always need that person for advice to help you see the site from the customers side.





I can get you going next day and with a lot of hard work be up in a month.





email me at


lane [at] techxi.com


No comments:

Post a Comment