Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is it worthwhile to start online selling of clothing.some details and figures and successes maybe!?

I am running a business of textiles and men's n ladies fashion clothing.A friend suggested that I venture into online selling ,which he said has tremendous potential.He was talking to me from hearsay.Could someone, who is well acquainted with online sales,advise me if I should venture into this field.Would it be possible to provide some details,figures and success stories.And also how to go about starting it,if I have to.I will be obliged.

Is it worthwhile to start online selling of clothing.some details and figures and successes maybe!?
I worked in an environment where many of my customers were online sellers. many sold through EBay but some had other ways of selling online. Clothing on the internet, based on their feedback, was a fickle business. I think the problems they faced were slow sales because people couldn't be sure of sizes and colors. items may look one way on the computer screen and look different to the buyer when they got it. Actually, there is so much on the market in regards to clothing in general. One can buy clothing really cheap. Now if you have bargain basement prices on a supply of top name brands, then you may find you'll do a lot better. Tommy Hilfiger. Abercrombie, Levi's, Liz Claiborne, Old navy, etc.


Household textile products like draperies, bed linens, towels and such have performed overall much better than clothing. I had people who were brand new to marketing these products online and they grew from a few hundred dollars in sales per month to many thousands of dollars in sales per month in a relatively short period of time, say six months.


Go to Ebay and go to the categories of clothing or bed spreads and look at completed auctions. See what items draw what number of bids and their dollar values. This should also give you an indication as to what is moving out there and how much those items bring. Balance it against your supply cost and remember to figure in what your online marketing costs will be.

tennis shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment