Thursday, August 19, 2010

What do you think of the SUNY online college system?

I am trying to finish my BA in business administration but find it hard to go to a 4 year school while working full time. The closest 4 year school to me is in New Paltz, an hour away. I already take someonline classes so adapting to the online environment is not the problem. New York State has a totally online program that is called SUNY Empire. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I also worry that I wont be able to get into grad school with an online degree or get a good job. I really would appreciate any input on this matter. Thanks!!

What do you think of the SUNY online college system?
grad school will look at it as a Bachelor's degree from SUNY Empire State. There is no difference.





In fact, you may well learn more online -- research is now proving that online courses are indeed harder than in the seat classes and that students are coming away with much higher communication skills.





There will be more writing in any online course and far fewer multiple guess quizes than in the classroom.
Reply:Are you referring to Empire State College???? I am currently taking on-line courses at this college...To tell you the truth on-line courses are being taken more seriously now and days...Specially when they are provided by "real colleges", such as Empire State College...Many employers and schools recognize that adults do not have the time to attend on site colleges, and understand the need for us to take on-line courses...I work full time and I am a single mother of two...I wanted to finish my education and did a bit of research and decided to take the course through Empire State College...My dad was a student of Empire State College a few years ago (I did not know this until I was enrolled) and his degree does not state anywhere that he completed his degree through on-line courses(maybe this has change now), and he has a great job with GREAT pay...and the reason why I have the job I have now was because of my major and the school I'm attending...Suny Empire State College has a good reputation....so I wouldn't worry to much about it.





And something you may need to know is that sometimes on-line courses are harder than regular college courses (I also went to an on site college) because you are kind of learning on your own. Empire State College requires a lot of reading and writing (too much if you tell me...Essays)....





Empire State College courses are ideal for busy people.


No comments:

Post a Comment