Thursday, August 19, 2010

What is my business?? A non profit?? LLC?? HELP!?

I am starting an online magazine for women. Our magazine is free to view and there are no costs for readers.


My staff is unpaid. I am paying for my costs (web design, photoshoots,etc) out of pocket. We are currently trying to put together a business plan to get some small investors involved. We only need around 2000 per issue to publish.


Long story short...doing this plan has brought up some serious questions for me. If we do have an investor or sponsor and charge for advertising to pay for bandwith, are we still non profit? If not, what are we?


I am currently looking for a professional to help me with this but in the meantime what do u guys think??

What is my business?? A non profit?? LLC?? HELP!?
ur biz is not a non-profit as it intends to make profits in future. in any business initially there is a set-up cost so profits are made after break-even.
Reply:We have became a S corp. that a legal professional advised me to do . Not in print, like you, but she would ask "do you plan on a profit org. Or is that a goal in the future, to make a profit"? That is the?.


From experience in being self employed for many years. Sometimes you might feel like a non profit but the intention is to make a profit.





Hope it helps


No comments:

Post a Comment