Sunday, August 22, 2010

Starting a business involved with wood?

I have this idea of painting wooden items such as bowls and small trinket boxes. I'm good at painting horses and I think this would sell nicely to the right crowd.





How would I go about starting this business? The major problem I'm running into now is that I can't find nice affordable wood around here (Provo, Utah) and the best I can find is cheap wood sold at a high price at 'Robert's Arts and Crafts.'





It seems hopeless and I want to give up, but I really want to do this and so I keep pressing on, trying to find wholesale wood to at least start/practice on.





I've done tons of research online. Specifically I guess I'm asking how I go about finding good quality wood.

Starting a business involved with wood?
The only things I could find were wholesale websites. I know that Home Depot or Lowes doesn't carry wooden bowls though. Sorry.
Reply:There should be a Lowe's or Home Depot or other home improvement center there. They all sell lumber.


No comments:

Post a Comment